Overview: Applications for the 2018 Nagypapa Grant for Experiential Travel & Education will be accepted through 12:00 noon EST on December 15th, 2017. All grant winners will be informed by January 25th, 2018.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
· Any person aged 18-35 at the time of their proposed trip.
· Undertakes the proposed trip in collaboration with the Nagypapa Foundation.
· The proposed trip begins during or after January 2018.
· Applicant must demonstrate a willingness to support the growth of the programs of the Nagypapa Foundation.
· Applicant's proposed trip clearly advances their educational goals.
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
This application process is competitive. Compose your proposal using complete sentences and using a professional tone. All proposal materials should be typed, using 12 pt. font, single spacing, and 1’’ margins. The proposal should be divided into the following sections and uploaded to the online application below.
1: Cover letter – maximum 1 page.
Describe your proposed trip in a brief statement and be sure to include your academic/professional goals. Answer the question: How did you become interested in taking this trip?
2: Trip Description & additional documents of support – maximum 2 pages.
Explain the purpose and goals of your trip. Answer these questions: Why is your trip significant? What will you do to undertake it? What is the timeline of your proposed activities? What do you expect to learn, experience, etc.?
Also include any additional documents of support that may lend credence to your proposal e.g. a letter of acceptance or invitation.
3: Budget – download the form below and upload it to the online application.
Include your projected expenses. Acceptable travel expenses include but are not limited to:
· Travel (airfare/car rental/ bus & train tickets)
· Stipend for meals and lodging (consult gsa.gov for information regarding maximum cost of meals and lodging).
· Entrance fees
We expect applicants to be realistic while at the same time economical. The Nagypapa Foundation does not fund vacations, but learning experiences.
4: Resume – maximum one page.
Complete the online application, by completing all the required fields, uploading all the required documents and paying the $35 application fee, by 12:00 noon EST on December 15th, 2017.
Applicants that are selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted to schedule an online interview.
Following interviews, all applicants will be notified of the final status of their application by January 10th, 2017.